When it comes time to paint your home, office, shop, or warehouse, and you’re trying to decide whether to tackle the job yourself or hire the work out, there are serious questions you must answer. Do you have the expertise needed for the job? Do you have the proper equipment? Is downtime a big concern? Did you have the time to tackle the job on your own? Your answers can help guide you to the proper decision. If you decide to explore a commercial painter, there are some industry standards you should look for when narrowing your choice. Choose wisely when selecting painters in Roswell.
What to Consider
- Look for a full service company who can handle both residential and commercial painting. Exterior painting pricing should also include prep work, such as pressure washing, sanding, and repairing any rotten wood or crumbling stucco.
- Make certain they use only the best quality paint. Ask what brands they are planning to use.
- The company should be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. They should also have a workman’s compensation insurance in place.
- The crew performing the work should wear uniforms that are easily identifiable and have name tags. They should treat your home or business with respect and leave the area in a tidy condition.
- They should offer a warranty on the work they do, and not expect payment until the job is completed.
- They should be willing to give you an up-front quote to perform the work.
- Recommendations from friends and family are best, but also check the company’s website for reviews. Be aware the testimonials on a company site will always be positive, so spend some time on other sites like Angie’s List or Home Advisor to get unbiased reviews and price comparisons.
- Get an estimate from the company on the amount of time the job will take, so you can plan around the job. You want the company to work with you to lessen the interference with your life, your work, and your customers.
- See if the company has any professional affiliations, such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). These affiliations should be easily visible on the company website.
- If your job involves exterior painting, make sure the company has a grasp of the local climate and can recommend the right product for the job.
These are considerations you need to keep in mind when selecting painters in Roswell.