Currently, there are two popular methods used for removal of body hair. These are waxing and sugaring. Each of these processes has their own pros and cons. If it is your first time to perform hair removal methods, then this article will help you. Here, you will understand about each of these processes and compare them on a few factors. This will show you which process is more efficient than the other.
What is waxing?
Waxing is a hair removal process that uses hard wax or soft wax that differ in consistency. This wax is obtained from the by-products of tree and resins. This is a process that helps in removing hair from the root level and lasts for a longer duration. If you are planning to get waxing treatment, don’t forget to check the website https://www.waxcenter.com/co-lakewood.
What is sugaring?
Sugaring is another hair removal method that also removes unwanted hair from its root level. A paste of lemon, sugar and water is prepared and melted at medium heat till a candy like consistency is formed. Once the mix cools down, it can be applied on the area where you need to remove the hair.
Differences between waxing and sugaring
- Sugaring is safe on the skin as it comprises of all natural-based products. It is enriched with essential oils, skin conditioners and soothing ingredients that are gentler on the skin. On the other hand, in waxing, artificial preservatives, additives and chemicals are also present. So, people whose skin is prone to allergies should go for sugaring as a safe option.
- Any residue if gets left behind once sugaring is performed on the skin can be easily washed away with water. In case of waxing, you need to apply post wax measures like application of oils to do away with the residue.
- Third important factor that differentiates sugaring from waxing is the temperature. Sugaring paste has to be warm for the efficient execution of the job, whereas wax is applied in hot state and taken away when it gets cooled.
- As sugaring is used at a lower heat, chances of burning yourself are low as compared to waxing.
- Sugaring paste is applied in reverse direction to the growth of your hair and then removed in the direction of hair growth. It is opposite in case of waxing, as wax is applied in the direction of the hair growth and then removed by pulling wax strips against the growth of hair.
- Both waxing and sugaring cost the same amounts of money in terms of formation of paste and accessories. If you are getting it done at a professional salon, then sugaring can be a little more expensive than professional waxing.
In our opinion, sugaring has an upper edge over waxing. Though both these methods are performed in the same way and last for 2-3 weeks, sugaring is less painful and more soothing than waxing. Made from natural ingredients, and soothing oils, it is gentle on skin and most suitable for people with sensitive skin.