In every part of the country, it’s nearly time to head outdoors for a summer of fun. Somehow, eating a simple sandwich while the sun kisses your cheeks and a small breeze keeps the sun from being too hot makes every bite taste better. If your outdoor furniture didn’t fare so well in the harsh winter elements, now’s the time to consider replacing it. Since most on-line outdoor furniture stores need a six-week period in which to process your order and deliver your new furniture, the sooner you decide on a style, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy your outdoor picnic tables.
Choices, Choices, Choices
- Decide on the material you want for your table. Most tables are offered in styles crafted of either wood or metal. Metal tables have thermoplastic finishes to ensure years of hard use. Wood tables are made from high quality pine.
- Regardless of the material used for the seat and top, look for a table and chairs that have a frame and legs made of galvanized steel. The legs are formed from black powder-coated steel that 2-3/8 inches in circumference.
- Make certain your new picnic table is heavy duty and will stand up to the toughest weather for many years to come.
- Figure out what length you want for the table and whether you want a rectangle or oval configuration.
- If your table top is metal, do you want a single sheet or a perforated metal finish, which will wick away water faster?
- If you want a wood table, make certain you can easily buy replacement parts when the seats or top erodes.
- Decide if you want the flexibility of being able to move the table around the yard, or if you want it permanently mounted in the ground, and choose either a single post, a Y base, or some other framework.
- Pick a color.
Once you’ve decided on the product you want, look for a company who has been in business for a number of years and has an excellent reputation for customer service. Read reviews from satisfied customers and investigate unbiased sites like HomeAdvisor to see if there are any reviews there. Check the return policy for materials that might be damaged in transit. Visit local home goods stores and check the internet to obtain the best selection and the best price when purchasing outdoor picnic tables.